Health Plan Descriptions
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- CenCal Health’s Medi-Cal Access Program
- Central California Alliance for Health MCAP Program
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Ventura County Health Care Plan HMO
- Health Plans Available in Each County
This program is administered
by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
Ventura County Health Care Plan
Member Service: 1-800-600-8247. Se habla Español.
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Who Can Join Ventura County Health Care Plan?
Ventura County Health Care Plan (VCHCP) is available to the MCAP-eligible pregnant women who reside in Ventura County.
As a Ventura County Health Care Plan MCAP member, you have access to a comprehensive program that offers the benefts you need for a healthy pregnancy:
- Case management of your high-risk pregnancy by a registered nurse.
- Wellness programs such as dietary counseling and smoking cessation.
- Newsletter with informational articles about diet, exercise, safety and illness prevention.
- Convenient mail order option for filling maintenance prescriptions. No co-pay for prenatal prescriptions.
- Plan administration offces located in Ventura County with courteous member service representatives ready to help you and who are, bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Extensive network of Board Certified Primary Care and Specialty Care Physicians, including High Risk OB Providers.
- Access to Urgent Care and Emergency Care facilities, locally and nationwide.
Ventura County Health Care Plan’s Primary Care Physician offices that provide prenatal care are conveniently located in Newbury Park, Ventura, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Santa Paula, Moorpark, Camarillo, Ojai, Fillmore and Piru. Included in our Primary Care Physician offices are the Ventura County Medical Center, Ambulatory Care Clinics, all locations of Clinicas Del Camino Real, Inc. and several private physician practices.
Our primary hospitals are Ventura County Medical Center, and Santa Paula Hospital. We are also contracted with St. John’s Regional Medical Center, St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital, and Simi Valley Hospital. For a complete MCAP Provider Directory, including Obstetricians, please contact our Member Service Department at the above number.
How to Enroll
All you need to do is write "Ventura County Health Care Plan" on the "Choice of Health Plan" line on the MCAP application. Next, select your Ventura County Health Care Plan provider from the MCAP website at mcap.dhcs.ca.gov and write your choice under "Choice of Provider" and the provider code in the "Provider Code" box. You can also call our Member Services Department at the number above. Please select a provider located in your city of residence or within 15 miles of your home.
Once Accepted - Starting Care
Once you are enrolled and have selected an Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) for your prenatal care, a VCHCP identification card and information about your new MCAP coverage will be mailed to you. In addition, you will choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to coordinate all other necessary medical care. Upon your effective date of enrollment, you have access to MCAP benefits and services. At that time we encourage you to immediately schedule your first prenatal appointment under the Plan.
Your PCP is available by phone, 24 hours-a-day, for all your health care needs. You may access any contracted Urgent Care Facility for same day illness or minor injuries if you are unable to access your PCP. In an emergency call your PCP, if possible, to ensure the best course of treatment. If you reasonably believe that an emergency medical condition exists, go to the nearest Emergency Room, or call 911.
For more information and assistance in selecting VCHCP, please call our Member Service Department at the number above. We look forward to serving you.
The information presented on this page is only a summary. For specific terms and conditions, please refer to the Evidence of Coverage booklet for the Ventura County Health Care Plan MCAP.
Ventura County Health Care Plan is a not-for-profit State licensed HMO owned and operated by the County of Ventura.